Thursday, October 30, 2008

I haven't quite figured this thing out yet...

So, I read my followers post, but I haven't figured out how to do other things that this "blogger" entails.

With that said, I've fallen in love all over again. You may think I'm talking about my lovely wife, Whitney, and I do love her very much, but I do not think I've ever fallen out of love of her. So, I've fallen in love all over again with my Bible. I tell ya... The Bible has been one of those books that I've read, tried to understand, get something when I can, and move on about my business, but there's so much more to it than that. In recent weeks, I have without a doubt, fallen back in love with the Word of God, more now than ever. I know my Bible, but I've cannot say with full certainty that it has ever come to life for me as it has in recent times. I'm a part of a church that has a pastor that teaches the importance of knowing, understanding, studying, and believing in God's Word, and we base everything in our church around what it says. So, I hate to sound as if I'm going all fundamentalist on you, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm just telling my story...

The Bible is not meant to deepen our theology, but to impact our reality. -Beth Moore

My conscious is held captive by the word of God. -Martin Luther

No comments: