Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm a bachelor this weekend

Yep. My lovely wife, Whitney, has made her way to the middle-of-nowhere, AL to visit with her grandparents. I've been there before, and it's a great place. I had to work this morning though, so I could not make it. So, in the midst of my boredom, with the knowledge that no one is reading this, I will give you an update of sorts...

My Job:
I need prayer in this area of my life. Right now, I am the only financial provider in my home. Whit is student teaching, and I am working. My resume got a little bit better with a degree in my hand, but in today's economy, I'm not sure it's worth the paper it is written on at the moment. So, I desperately need to keep my job until May at the very least. Luckily, our branch has been doing good, and there is currently no hints of any further lay-offs within our group. However, it is times like this that I am reminded of the Lord's goodness and mercy. The Word tells me that He even cares for the ravens and makes sure that they will have something to eat, so surely he will take care of me and my family as well!

My Interest:
Right now, my interest have peaked to an all-time high. College football is now over, so I have more time to spend watching and catching up on some of my favorite sitcoms and what not. I'm currently most interested in the NFL playoffs. My pick for the Super Bowl: Philadelphia Eagles vs. Pittsburgh Steelers. Also, 24 is BACK! Yes, yes... I've been anxiously awaiting watching Jack Bauer rip some terrorist apart. Only this time, it's domestic terrorism. Also, The Office is back in full force. This season started a little slow, but it is gleefully picking back up. I've been waiting for the Angela, Dwight, and Andy storyline to come together, and they have finally done that. It should be mass hilarity in the next few weeks.

Other than that, I'm not big on New Years Resolutions, because I really don't like to disappoint them. So, I didn't necessarily make a resolution, but my church had one of those "read the Bible in a year Calendars". I've never been really systematic about my quiet times, so I decided to put my foot down and begin this type of study, which is recommended by many big name ministers. So, I've started doing this study in which I will read the OT once and the NT and Psalms twice in the upcoming year. So far, I'm doing good. Hopefully, I won't misstep, because I'm really enjoying it.

What I am listening to:

No comments: